Early last year I wrote a post about the style changes I wanted to have during the year. You can click here to read them.
I think I was quite sucesful in a lot of them. I do wear more heels, in the form of chunky heeled boots and that’s good enough for me.
I basically gave up wearing poylester shirts which is nice because my shirts now are so much more breatheable, and because it’s harder to find things without polyester in them, I’ve become more limited in my purchses. Unfortunately I am still a bit of an impluse shopper, but I have found that anything I have been buying I have been wearing right away and all the time. So my purchases are definitely better in terms of getting wear out of them. I have also found it very cathartic to get rid of things and donate them. I am really bad at shopping and perhaps hording a bit, but in my own way, I think I am trying to minimize and keep what I don’t really wear or use at all.
All that being said, there are a few things I would like to do style wise in the new year.
- Wear all black. Black has basically been my go-to colour for the last 10 months and I kind of love it. But I seem to have this fear of wearing all black at one time. As random as it might seem, I really just want to wear a plain black outfit to see what it’s like.
- Find the perfect pair of ankle boots. I have been on the hunt but not committed enough to finding a particular pair of boots, especially since I think I have it in my head that I don’t really want to pay for them. But this is the year of the boot and it shall be found.
- Wear more makeup. Once more this is a goal. It’s never a cover up sort of thing, and I don’t hide behind makeup, I barely wear it. But I have too much of it and it should be used. Besides, I like it, I such don’t have much patience for it.
- Wear flared jeans /pants (provided they are still on trend).
- Wear a twist out or an afro.
- Wear more colour.
images and collage found and made on Polyvore.com